IPV is a public issue that has affected millions of people all around the world even in the United States. It comes in many forms like physical abuse and violence, stalking, spying, psychological trauma by ex-partner or spouse is regarded as intimate relationship violence. This type of violence is independent of intimate relationships and it can be between heterosexual or homosexual relationships.
Intimate partner violence (IPV) is associated with a higher risk of perpetration when certain risk factors are present. many factors contribute to this violence. Not every individual is a victim or those who are at risk of violence become the victim of this violence.
Understanding these multidimensional aspects can aid in the identification of various preventative options.
To discover how to protect individuals from violence and reducing the risk of violence, people should watch Moving Forward.
Impacts of violence:
IPV poses the following impacts on the victim.
- Feeling of worthlessness
- A decline in vocational activities
- Aggressive tendencies.
- Lack of interest
- Unable to concentrate
- Depressive mood
- Suicidal ideation
- Antisocial personality
- Unable to control behavior
Social support of high-quality friendship (e.g. social help and support from others)
- Community support and connectedness, a sense of trust, and working for the common benefit are all indicators of neighborhood collective efficacy.
- Community agencies’ resources and services are coordinated.
- Teach healthy relationship maintenance.
- Engage influential peer
- Assessment of developmental pathway towards violence.
- Strengthen relationships
- Increase security and lessen harm.
Intimate Partner Violence Resources
- Intimate partner violence: what is it and what it looks like: https://adaa.org/
- Stories of women about abusive relationships: https://www.dvrcv.org.au/
- Blogs about domestic violence: https://blog.feedspot.com/domestic_violence_blogs/
- Domestic violence and intimate partner violence: https://aaci.org/
- Intimate partner violence: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK3RhRwMwIg
- Why women don’t report abuse and why they say: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK3RhRwMwIg
- Intimate partner violence screening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXb2ZMGuFiE
- Why does he do that by Lundy Bancroft
- Sourcebook on Violence against women by Claire M. Renzetti
- No visible bruises by Rachel Lousie
- The gift of fear by Gavin de Becker